Research suggests that using topical Vitamin A skincare and a diet rich in vitamin A can be a good preventive and pro-aging strategy and may lower your skin cancer risk.
This is an essential nutrient for your skin.
Vitamin A is one of the key micronutrients that help to protect and nourish your skin. Topical skincare that includes Vitamin A, along with Vitamin A rich foods will keep your skin healthy, firm and radiant.
Vitamin A, also known as retinoids and retinol, is important for the production of collagen and elastin, the fibrous proteins that support your skin. It also increases the rate of cellular turnover, allowing fresh new skin cells to replace older, dull skin.
Healthy, glowing skin starts from the inside.
Vitamin A is an essential micronutrient that we need to get from food. As healthy skin starts from the inside, a diet rich in Vitamin A is the first step to radiant, healthy skin.
Good sources of vitamin A include:
- oily fish
- milk and yoghurt
- yellow, red and green (leafy) vegetables, such as spinach, carrots, sweet potatoes and red peppers
- yellow fruit, such as mango, papaya and apricots
- Bestow Beauty Powder
Vitamin A is fat-soluble, which means it’s stored in your body. Taking supplements may result in high levels so consult with your doctor before taking them.
Research suggests that using topical Vitamin A skincare and a diet rich in vitamin A can be a good preventive and anti-aging strategy and may lower your skin cancer risk.
Vitamin A is widely used in topical skincare products as it is easily absorbed by our skin and has many anti-aging benefits.
The benefits of Vitamin A serums are:
- Normalise skin cell turnover which helps to shed pigmented, damaged and rough surface cells,
- Boosts natural collagen and elastin production to reduce fine lines and smooth skin texture
- Supports the skin’s natural barrier function and promotes hydration
- Promotes and maintain a healthy dermis and epidermis; the two top layers of the skin.
Do you use vitamin A in your skincare? I use and recommend Restore Nourish Night Elixir.
Nourish Night Elixir is an oil-based elixir formulated with Retinyl Palmitate, a plant-based form of Vitamin A.
Retinyl Palmitate protects and repairs skin cells from free radical damage, one of the leading causes of premature ageing.
This powerful blend of natural plant oils works to improve skin health, counteract sun damage and increase natural collagen.
- Increases skin elasticity and enzyme activity
- Protects and repairs from free radical damage
- Regenerates prematurely aged skin
This overnight anti-aging elixir
is suitable for all Skin Types
, especially mature and sun-damaged skin. For best results
massage a small amount onto clean, damp skin in the evenings.